Wednesday 16 May 2012

And more on the French battery

Now some paint splashed on the guns. The first photo was taken under artificial light. 
The red has been added for turnbacks, cuffs and epaulettes. Dark red base coat and for 2 bases on left, a bright red on top. I think the difference is visible in the photo.  
And some paint splashed on the barrels and grey base for metalwork. Even with my normal technique of washes, I always undercoat metal with yellow or grey.  
A bit closer. I reverted to a wash effect on the guns. Couldn't help it. I just thought the effect of controlling the flow of the paint with brush and varying amounts of water was far easier than covering the guns with a heavy coat and then highlighting later. I'll see what it looks like later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.