Saturday 28 March 2015

Thursday nights at the club

Missed a couple of posts on club nights again.  And sadly no photos.   

Three weeks back, our planned Dystopian Wars 2-a-side game got slightly reshuffled through illness and we played a 1-on-1 game.  My Americans took on the fleet of Antarctica.  A good game, with me losing a complete squadron and many other ships damaged against the loss of a few Antarctic ships and submarines, but no complete sqadrons lost. 

Two weeks back I played a game of Impetus with the 6mm Normans and Saxons I painted for a friend.  He had them on 40mm wide elements, nicely flocked and finished. I must get some photos on a future date.  
I had the Normans and faced the Saxon centre lined up on a hilltop. I tried 2 wide flanking moves with the cavalry while holding the centre with Norman spear and bows. My flank moves took time and the Saxon player took the opportunity to advance and smash my centre. Then I started to do some damage on the flank, but not before losing some cavalry which tipped the Norman morale.  Both armies had a morale total of 18, and I reached 19 which the Saxon was on 14 or 15.  A very good game.  

Last Thursday we played the boardgame Ankh-Morpork as a tribute to Sir Terry Pratchett and a homage to the joy his books have given us over the years.  

Next week it's back to ADG in 15mm.  There may well be 3 or 4 games on the night as a few people want to play.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.