Tuesday 27 December 2016

The WW2 stuff that side-tracked the Napoleonic painting

I have now had three games of Bolt Action at the club. It's been a lot of fun and as a result I bought some stuff. Almost all of it from ebay. Here's some boxes.

I got a decent deal on these kits, hence why I bought more than I intended. I'm going to paint the German vehicles as a painting exercise in using the airbrush to do the late-war camouflage patterns, then I'll sell them or give them to chaps at the club. I may also end up selling the Firefly and maybe the Stuart.  The Stuart is a resin and metal kit while all the others are plastic. 

And here are the British infantry which I'm about to start putting together. I'm sure there's lots of fun to be had sticking bits to other bits, to my fingers and to yet other bits (and all the time trying not to swear too much...)

I'm working here on top of a small white notice board so I can see all the plastic bits clearly.  Also, though not visible here, is the card sheets I put on the floor under the table so that any small items I dropped would fall on the card and be visible to get picked up. I didn't want to be crawling around on the floor trying to track down some small but key item. 

And some part assembled vehicles. The Stuart is at the back with the Sherman and a bren carrier in front. Also, at the back is a Dystopian Wars objective marker. I'm keeping it here as a reminder to undercoat it at the same time I do the vehicles.

More later ...

2 comments:

  1. That should keep you busy for a while, can't wait to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a haul Tom and an airbrush too. German Camo will look great with an airbrush, sighs, if only I had the space for a paint booth and extractor....then I would get one

    Cheers, Ross

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.